contd...
This time it was a Science lecture and I was an Science aspirant...not by interest (although I didn't knew what my interest was?) but by the command of my parents who where influenced by some of my elder cousins saying that, there is no future if you don't take Science. The chapter was about the Element's Periodic table, but I couldn't get anything in my mind as the Prof was too fast and also he was very temperable. And then suddenly he burst out on a fellow student, this time again the student was the same person whose name was already there on the board with me. So suddenly I woke up and tried to concentrate because it gave me a feeling that I could be the next one if I don't concentrate. But that didn't make any difference and at the end of lecture, I was zero...nothing went in my mind. I just took a sigh of relief because the lecture was finally over and the subsequent lectures also came to an end the same way. I wanted something interesting to happen in my life apart from all these stuff and was thinking about it on the way back home.
This time it was a Science lecture and I was an Science aspirant...not by interest (although I didn't knew what my interest was?) but by the command of my parents who where influenced by some of my elder cousins saying that, there is no future if you don't take Science. The chapter was about the Element's Periodic table, but I couldn't get anything in my mind as the Prof was too fast and also he was very temperable. And then suddenly he burst out on a fellow student, this time again the student was the same person whose name was already there on the board with me. So suddenly I woke up and tried to concentrate because it gave me a feeling that I could be the next one if I don't concentrate. But that didn't make any difference and at the end of lecture, I was zero...nothing went in my mind. I just took a sigh of relief because the lecture was finally over and the subsequent lectures also came to an end the same way. I wanted something interesting to happen in my life apart from all these stuff and was thinking about it on the way back home.
My cycle friend Suchit who stayed in the same building called up and told me to go along with him somewhere..I had a rough day so I went with him to freshen up my mind. He took me two blocks away across our building and then we met his friend who stayed there..He told something to Suchit, but I didn't pay any attention and then after sometime they exchanged smiles and we said Bye. Suchit informed me that she, the girl whom I saw during our cycle ride last time, was staying in the same building and he gave me her other details. I already knew about her school and Classes but not her name and address which I had now. The name was 'Kruti' and the name was now echoing in my mind and heart. When I knew that she stays just blocks away across the road, I was super happy. I didn't had any words to thank my friend and his friend. He did this for me without me even asking for it. I felt it right then but now when the years have passed, I think that kinda stalking was not good and it totally didn't suit my nature at all....But at that time I was not wise and as told earlier influenced by anything and everything. Slowly... Slowly that kinda nature and habit grew in me day by day with the influence.
The result of test was announced in some days and I was able to score only 21 on 25 while many of them had 24 and even 25 including the topper, captain and moreover the girl from whom I had win the quiz. It was very embarrassing and even my Prof was not happy with my scores. He asked what happened when I gave all the answers correctly in the class with the minute details but failed to do so in the test paper. I couldn't answer him anything and thought, So what should I do next? I didn't knew. The only thing which was going good in my life currently, was the growing friendship with Rachit and Ashwin. We were becoming kinda besties and were having a lot of fun during breaks. We had decided that only one of us would pay the bill for the day, so today me, tomorrow Rachit and after that Ashwin. It went on for next two days...but on third day which was Ashwin's turn we went to our regular shop for Samosa...we ate it and left. I thought Ashwin had already paid while ordering, but later on he told us, he didn't taking advantage of the crowd. So we can have some thing more in our break later. It was kinda shop lifting which I didn't liked but slowly it was fun doing it...though I would pay every time when it was my turn.
It was not allowed to go out in short break but we went to the snacks shop nearby to have something daily. Rachit and Ashwin would go to the shop and I would keep an eye on the road if in case any Prof comes early. They went to take one thing and would start eating another like farsan (kinda munching) whatever they could find (or should I say shop lifting) and even get some of them for me and we used to eat that outside the classroom.
Tbc...
No comments:
Post a Comment